Jump for joy!
The easter holiday has come to an end. It has been really nice with some time off, relaxing, eating good food and travel. For that reason, I was only able to make the soup for week 12, but unable to update this foodblog on time. But, I am now back to the «mother land,» and I am ready to share my recipe with a few ajustments.
The choice of flavour and main vegetable this week was made for one simple reason, I have little experince using squash, and would like to be able to know it better. I was a little disappointed because I expected it to taste more.
Making soup out of Zucchini went really well, It is a great vegetable for making the soup creamy. Just make sure to choose a spice that enhances flavour. My choice was curry. I also added a light cream, 2.5 dl, with only 150 kcal. This soup is really low in kcal, so adding a light cream does not make the kcal count go up the roof. It is still very low in fat and healthy. The good thing about adding cream is that it enhances flavour, and this time it is needed. If you are lactose intolerant I suggest that you use a low fat coconut milk, that will give it a sweet kick and enhance the beautiful curry flavour.
After a few adjustments, I figured that you will be in need of these ingredients:
- 2 green zucchinis.
- 1 yellow onion.
- 3 cloves of garlic.
- 3 celery sticks.
- 10 small-medium potatoes(6 for the soup- 4 for the topping.)
- 1 vegetarian buillon cube(chicken and beef can also be used.)
- 5 -6 dl of water.
- 2.5 dl low fat cream.( or a light coconut milk if you want it glutenfree.)
- 2 tbs of Curry powder.
- 1 ts of grinded white pepper and salt as needed. (I used 4 pinches of flaky sea salt.)
- 2 tbs of neutral oil.
- fresh parsley.
- Thyme(dried or fresh)
How to make it:
- Chop onion and celery in chunky pieces and cook them golden in neutral oil on medium heat in a casserole.
- Wash thouroghly the Zucchinis and potatoes an chop them in to equally small pieces.(save 4 potatoes for topping.) Pour them in to the casserole and add 5 dl of water and the buillon cube.
- Crush the cloves of garlic, chop them finely, add it to the casserole and mix in 2 tbs of curry and 1ts of white pepper.
- Boil for 10- 15 minutes.
- While boiling, (if you want potato-topping) turn on your stove upper and lower heat to 220 celcius.
- After cooking the veggies tender, take the casserole off the heat and use a hand blender to make a smooth and creamy light paste.
- Put the casserole back on to the stove and pour in 2.5 dl of light cream or light coconut milk.
Finely chop som parlsey and blend in, and add salt as needed.
How to make potato topping:
Finely chop the four potatoes you have left in small dices. Prepare a baking trey,with baking sheet, to put you diced potatoes on. Blend in sea salt, thyme and a little oil. Fry them for 20-25 minutes on 220 celcius. Turn them once or twise while baking.
Happy soup week! Hope it turns out well!???????